© 2Dales.org.uk
2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Grinton & Ellerton Abbey Parish Council recent minutes

2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Home

   >> 

Information

 >> 

Councils

  >> 

Grinton PC

  >>  Recent Minutes

The minutes of the most recent meeting are below and are also available, together with the Minutes of earlier meetings on the archive page. The minutes will not be read, approved or signed as being correct until the next meeting. Any amendments will be noted in the next meeting's minutes. Thanks to Grinton Parish Council for permission to include the items on these pages. GRINTON & ELLERTON ABBEY PARISH COUNCIL The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held in the Grinton Parish Hall on Monday 4th March 2019 at 7.15pm. Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Fletcher-Lee and Porter, the Clerk, press reporter T Little and one member of the public 1. Apologies: Cllr Barker and District Cllr Blows 2. Minutes of Previous Meeting: The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 7th January 2019 were read, approved and signed. 3. Matters Arising: Commons Registration, Jimmy’s Field, Crackpot: The de-registration of the land has been approved at the Planning and Regularity Functions Sub- Committee at NYCC on Tuesday 26th February 2019. Cllr Coates had attended the meeting and spoken in support of the proposal on behalf of the Parish Council. A letter of thanks has been received from the landowners which the Clerk read out to the meeting. Highways Matters: The Clerk read out an email that has been received from Cllr Blows regarding the need for a crash barrier at Haggs Gill corner and the saplings that need to be clear from the roadside verges in the Parish. Cllr Blows will continue to pursue these matters with NYCC. It was agreed that the Clerk would again write to Richard Marrs regarding the repairs needed to the wall on Grinton Bank. Cllr Fletcher-Lee would take photographs of the wall showing the dangerous drop on the other side of the wall that would also be included with the letter. Cllr Blows also stated in his email that he would not be standing for re-election at the District elections in May and his ward will be incorporated into the new Swaledale and Arkengarthdale ward. Cllr Barningham expressed concern again about the speed of vehicles passing through the village. She had received an email regarding the Community Speed Watch scheme available through NY Police. It was agreed that Cllr Barningham would register the Parish for this scheme. Localities Budget Application: Beck Side Grinton: - The application for funding to remove the beck side saplings has been approved by NYCC. A second estimate for the works had been obtained as requested by Cllr Barker but had been far in excess of the original £480.00. Cllr Barningham will source some new white parking bollards to a new Residents Only parking sign to replace that that have been damaged in the area. Hall Repairs: Estimates have been obtained for the external decorating works and for cleaning out the gutters. The Clerk has emailed Cllr Blackie to see if these works would be eligible for funding from his NYCC Localities Budget for the financial year 2019-20. There is also a possibility that there may be funding available from the RDC Upper Dales Partnership fund later in the year. Cllr Coates has obtained some airbrick covers that will be fixed shortly when Andy Malton comes to clean out the gutters. 4. Correspondence: YDNPA: Parish Forum Meeting: The next meeting will be held at Fremington Village Hall on Wednesday 15th May. Cllr Jones has indicated that he would be attending. Attendance acceptances have to be received by the YDNPA by Friday 26th April. RDC: Parish Elections: The Clerk is attending a Briefing Session at RDC on Thursday 7th March and will be given nomination packs then. These will be available from the Chair when necessary. 5. Finance: Cheques: Cheques were signed for: Airbrick Covers - £17.98 6. Any Other Business: Friarage Hospital: The Clerk read out an email received from the Save the Friarage Hospital Group which gave information of various petitions that were available to try to protect vital services at the hospital. Date and Time of Next Meeting: Due to the Parish and District elections being held in May the date of the AGM and Annual Parish Meeting would have to be changed to Wednesday 8th May 2019 at 7.15pm. ~~~ooo~~~ The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held in the Grinton Parish Hallon Monday 7 th  January 2019 at 7.15pm. Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Jones, Fletcher-Lee and Barker, District Cllr Blows, the Clerk, press reporter T Little and two members of the public 1.  Apologies:  None 2.  Minutes of Previous Meeting: The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 12 th  November 2018 were read, approved and signed. 3.  Matters Arising: Shoemaker Barn Planning Decision:  This application has now been refused at the Committee stage despite a very positive site meeting.  It was agreed that a letter be sent to the YDNPA Planning Department expressing the Council’s disappointment at the decision and asking for an explanation of why the application as refused. Highways Matters:  there has still be no response from NYCC to the concerns raised at our July meeting.  Cllr Blows has contacted Richard Marrs who reported that he would be responding soon but as yet nothing has been received, Cllr Blows had also discussed the matter with Cllr Blackie so that he was aware of the situation.  Cllr Blows will contact NYCC again.  Cllr Barker reported that there has been another vehicle off the road at Haggs Gill corner and expressed concern that NYCC were not taking the Parish Council’s concerns seriously. Police and Crime Commissioners Meeting:  There has also been no feedback received from the PCC regarding her meeting with 3 councillors earlier in the year and it was agreed to write to her to ask for an update on the issues raised. Beckside Saplings:  Following the site meeting on 16 th  November 2018 a quotation has been obtained from a local contractor to carry out the works.  Cllr Barker requested that another estimate be obtained and suggested that the YDNPA Ranger should be contacted to see if he could carry out the works without charge.  The possibility of obtaining some grant funding for the works was also discussed as it seemed to fall into the environmental category for Cllr Blackie’s Upper Dales locality Fund.  4.  Correspondence: Cllr Blackie Upper Dales Locality Fund:  Cllr Blackie has emailed inviting applications for his NYCC funding.  It was agreed that we would apply for funding for the removal of the beckside saplings.  It was also agreed that any works required for the village hall could also be funded by an application.  Estimates will be obtained for the external decoration and for cleaning out the gutters so that a separate application could be made for works required to the hall. 5.  Finance: Nothing to report 6.  Any Other Business: Dates of Meetings 2019:  The Clerk circulated a list of meeting dates for the coming year. Standing Orders:  The Chair circulated to Cllrs copies of the standing orders and stated if there were any changes thought to be required this would need to be raised at the AGM. Fireworks:  Concerns were raised regarding some very noisy fireworks that had been let off in the village early on New Year’s Eve.  These  has been so loud it was thought that they were no-domestic fireworks but as it was not known were these had been let off from it was not possible to take any action. Date and Time of Next Meeting:   Monday 4 th  March 2019 at 7.15pm.
2Dales.org.uk Swaledale & Arkengarthdale

Grinton & Ellerton Abbey Parish Council recent minutes

Home    >>  Information  >>  Councils  >>  Grinton PC  >>  Recent Minutes
The minutes of the most recent meeting are below and are also available, together with the Minutes of earlier meetings on the archive page. The minutes will not be read, approved or signed as being correct until the next meeting. Any amendments will be noted in the next meeting's minutes. Thanks to Grinton Parish Council for permission to include the items on these pages. GRINTON & ELLERTON ABBEY PARISH COUNCIL The minutes of Grinton and Ellerton Abbey Parish Council held in the Grinton Parish Hall on Monday 4th March 2019 at 7.15pm. Present: Cllr Coates (Chair), Cllrs Barningham, Fletcher-Lee and Porter, the Clerk, press reporter T Little and one member of the public 1. Apologies: Cllr Barker and District Cllr Blows 2. Minutes of Previous Meeting: The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 7th January 2019 were read, approved and signed. 3. Matters Arising: Commons Registration, Jimmy’s Field, Crackpot: The de- registration of the land has been approved at the Planning and Regularity Functions Sub- Committee at NYCC on Tuesday 26th February 2019. Cllr Coates had attended the meeting and spoken in support of the proposal on behalf of the Parish Council. A letter of thanks has been received from the landowners which the Clerk read out to the meeting. Highways Matters: The Clerk read out an email that has been received from Cllr Blows regarding the need for a crash barrier at Haggs Gill corner and the saplings that need to be clear from the roadside verges in the Parish. Cllr Blows will continue to pursue these matters with NYCC. It was agreed that the Clerk would again write to Richard Marrs regarding the repairs needed to the wall on Grinton Bank. Cllr Fletcher- Lee would take photographs of the wall showing the dangerous drop on the other side of the wall that would also be included with the letter. Cllr Blows also stated in his email that he would not be standing for re-election at the District elections in May and his ward will be incorporated into the new Swaledale and Arkengarthdale ward. Cllr Barningham expressed concern again about the speed of vehicles passing through the village. She had received an email regarding the Community Speed Watch scheme available through NY Police. It was agreed that Cllr Barningham would register the Parish for this scheme. Localities Budget Application: Beck Side Grinton: - The application for funding to remove the beck side saplings has been approved by NYCC. A second estimate for the works had been obtained as requested by Cllr Barker but had been far in excess of the original £480.00. Cllr Barningham will source some new white parking bollards to a new Residents Only parking sign to replace that that have been damaged in the area. Hall Repairs: Estimates have been obtained for the external decorating works and for cleaning out the gutters. The Clerk has emailed Cllr Blackie to see if these works would be eligible for funding from his NYCC Localities Budget for the financial year 2019-20. There is also a possibility that there may be funding available from the RDC Upper Dales Partnership fund later in the year. Cllr Coates has obtained some airbrick covers that will be fixed shortly when Andy Malton comes to clean out the gutters. 4. Correspondence: YDNPA: Parish Forum Meeting: The next meeting will be held at Fremington Village Hall on Wednesday 15th May. Cllr Jones has indicated that he would be attending. Attendance acceptances have to be received by the YDNPA by Friday 26th April. RDC: Parish Elections: The Clerk is attending a Briefing Session at RDC on Thursday 7th March and will be given nomination packs then. These will be available from the Chair when necessary. 5. Finance: Cheques: Cheques were signed for: Airbrick Covers - £17.98 6. Any Other Business: Friarage Hospital: The Clerk read out an email received from the Save the Friarage Hospital Group which gave information of various petitions that were available to try to protect vital services at the hospital. Date and Time of Next Meeting: Due to the Parish and District elections being held in May the date of the AGM and Annual Parish Meeting would have to be changed to Wednesday 8th May 2019 at 7.15pm.